We are glad you are interested in studying at Centria University of Applied Sciences!
Centria University of Applied Sciences is a private-recognized higher education institution in Finland. The University has three campuses: Kokkola, Jakobstad and Ylivieska.
The application period for Bachelor’s programmes conducted in English starts today 9th Jan 2018, and will be open until 31st Jan 2018. You can fill in the application at www.studyinfo.fi. With the same application you can apply to all four degree programmes at Centria University of Applied Sciences but you cannot apply to any other Universities or Universities of Applied Sciences in Finland.
Centria University of Applied Sciences offers four (4) Bachelor programs conducted in English:
· Environmental Chemistry and Technology / 240 credits, 4 years
· Information Technology / 240 credits, 4 years
· Business Management, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) / 210 credits, 3,5 years
· Nursing / 210 credits, 3,5 years
Under every degree program you can find degree program’s curriculum and more information about the degree program, application periods, contact details etc.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Please notice that some applicants are liable to pay tuition fees. If you are not an EU/EEA- citizen or if you do not have a document that exempts you from tuition fees, you are required to pay tuition fee. Please visit studyinfo.fi for more information about who is required to pay tuition fee and who is not. In case you think you are required to pay tuition fees, you can find more information here.
Eligibility to Bachelor’s degree
Applicants can apply for the bachelor’s degree programs in Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences with the following qualification:
• Education that provides eligibility to apply for higher education in the country in question
Centria University of Applied Sciences uses discretionary admission in Direct application into the university starting January 2018. Discretion may come in question in the following situation:
· Applicant’s (who is not a citizen of an EU/EEA-country) final certificate will not be available by the end of application period and therefore a photocopy of it cannot be sent by set date (14th February 2018). Applicant can be invited to the entrance examination if he/she can provide with an official temporary certificate or statement of results which is given by the organisation awarding degrees (for example in Nigeria or Ghana an official statement of results sent to Centria University of Applied Sciences directly from WAEC or NECO or in Kenya statement of results sent directly from the KNEC).
· Documents must arrive by 14th February 2018, 3:00 pm (Finnish time). Copies of original certificates must then be sent at the same time with the confirmation of the study place. If the applicant does not sent the copy of final certificate by set date, the confirmation of the study place will not be registered and the student admission will be cancelled.
English Requirement: English language certificate is not required.
Attachments to the application
Those applying with a foreign qualification certificate must submit a copy of his/her qualification certificate translated into Finnish, Swedish or English by an official (authorised) translator, if the original document is in none of these languages. Such translations must be signed and stamped by the translator. Attachments must be sent to Centria University of Applied Sciences via separate form by 14th February 2018. You will get an address to this form after you have submitted your application at www.studyinfo.fi.
Centria University of Applied Sciences Admission Requirements
The admission to Centria University of Applied Sciences is smooth and simple and there won’t be any entrance exams for the English taught degree programs, except for the degree program in Nursing. In degree programs in Environmental Chemistry and Technology, Information Technology and Business Management (ERP) the student selection will be done based on a motivation letter and a motivation video that applicants need to submit by 14th February 2018 via separate form.
Motivation letter and video
In order to complete the process of applying to Centria University of Applied Sciences to these three degree programs (Business Management (ERP), Information Technology, Environmental Chemistry and Technology) you need to create a motivation letter via link that you get after submitting your application at Studyinfo.fi.
The motivation letter has to include your personal information, link to your Linkedin page (or CV) and answers to the specified questions that include for example your international experience.
You must also include a link to a video where you for example state, why you are applying to Centria University of Applied Sciences and how the studies of the program support your professional goals. The quality of the video is not the main point so you can use for example your phone to make it.
The motivation letter including the video will be assessed. It’s possible also to get points if you have other relevant documents such as IELTS (6.0) or other official documents. Please note that IELTS is not mandatory but will give you an advantage.
Entrance examination for the degree program in Nursing
The entrance examination for the degree programme in Nursing includes two essays and a mathematical section. More information about the content of the exam will be updated here to the section ‘Entrance examination’ before the entrance exam.
The entrance examination will be arranged in the beginning of March in following countries* in case of 10 or more eligible applicants.
· Uganda or Kenya
· Czech Republic
*changes may apply
Studying and living in Kokkola, Finland
Check this page to find out what it is like to study and live in Kokkola, Finland! And here you can find information about Centria University of Applied Sciences and Kokkola that also your parents might be interested in!
Please also visit https://web.centria.fi/ for more information about applying to Centria UAS, Centria UAS in general, admission and about the degree programmes we offer.
In case you decide to apply you can find direct links to applications below: